Malmö University has 24.000 enrolled students and around 2000 employees. With such a dense population in that kind of knowledge and information intensive environment, an efficient room manager is key to execute productive and spontaneous meetings. We asked Karin Björkenrud, the IT Project Manager at Malmö University, to share her experience with Meetio.
– Since we are a University, we have a room booking system that’s quite different. We had internal struggles with our existing approach. Users found the system inconvenient and we experienced meeting interruptions and double reservations. A smarter solution was necessary. As a trial, we upgraded some of our rooms with Meetio Room and found it highly efficient. No more meeting room clashes.
– Simplicity was essential for us. We wanted a simple room booking display that was easy to use and understand. I love how the traffic signal colors in the room booking tablet immediately lets us know if the room is available or not.
– We liked that the room booking displays run Android because that’s a more flexible operating system. We love that we could customize the display with our own logo and background images. The Meetio team is always eager to develop their solutions further based on feedback from us and other customers. They really listened which is also one of the reasons we stayed with Meetio after the trial.
– We have it set up where we can see the meeting title and the person responsible for the room booking. There is much less confusion thanks to this. You are able to contact the person whom made the reservation if there’s ever an issue.
– For example, we have certain rooms people can book to solely make phone calls. This creates privacy in a public setting.
– What I appreciate the most is that it’s very easy to get in contact with the Meetio team. They always respond quickly and provide feedback right away.
– It’s been really easy connecting to and using Meetio. I love the web interface for device management and the products are constantly being upgraded. I would strongly recommend it.
Share this story